A big thank you to all guests attending our breakfast seminar “Current & Future Trends in Neighbourly Matters Surveying” this week.
Held at Royal Society of Chemistry, Delva Patman Redler presented to industry leaders on Party Wall matters with particular emphasis on basement construction by Partner Rob French and daylight and sunlight issues by Aidan Cosgrave – enlightening attendees on recent Judicial Reviews including Rainbird Guerry and Gorton.
Read more about basements: Underground and over complicated here. And watch this space for an update on Aidan’s reseach and testing on the new European daylighting Standard EN 17037.
If you would like to find out more on the following topics covered, please get in touch.
Daylight/sunlight and rights of light
– Lessons learnt from recent judicial reviews (Rainbird, Guerry, Gorton)
– Correct approach to assessing impact of development on neighbours
– Implications of new European Standard, Daylight in buildings, BS EN 17037
– Reflected light and rights of light
Law and practice relating to basement development
– Trespass, enclosure costs, self-redress and surveyor jurisdiction
– Special foundations / Security for expenses
– Reinstatement v diminution in value
– Inconvenience v unnecessary inconvenience